FOREIGN AGENCY AGREEMENT
This is an AGENCY AGREEMENT made this ____ day of __________, 199_, by and between _________________________ (hereinafter referred to as "Principal") and ____________________ (hereinafter referred to as "Agent").
1. Principal is the owner of the mechanical recording rights in copyrighted musical work referred to as _________________ (hereinafter referred to as the "Composition/Album") with music and lyrics by __________________ as recorded by _________________.
2. Principal does hereby appoint Agent as lawful agent and representative for the purpose of exploiting, marketing and negotiating for the granting of sub-publishers within the territory of _____________________ (hereinafter referred to as "Licensed Territory") the following rights:
3. As compensation for Agent's efforts and word hereunder, Principal agrees to pay Agent as follows:
4. All monies due Agent hereunder shall be payable to Agent within thirty days after monies paid to Principal pursuant to agent's work hereunder is received by or credited to Principal. Such payments shall be accompanied by an accounting statement reflecting gross amounts from each source which the Principal is accountable to Agent. Agent shall have reasonable access to all books and records regarding this Composition/Album.
5. The term of this Agreement shall be for a period of _______ year(s) commencing on the date of execution of this Agreement.
6. This Agreement shall inure to the benefit of and shall be binding upon the parties hereto, their heirs, successors and assigns. This Agreement is not assignable by either party without written consent of both parties. This Agreement shall be construed under the laws of the State of Texas.
Nothing herein contained shall be construed as a partnership or joint venture between the parties hereto. This Agreement cannot be canceled, altered, modified, amended, or waived in part or in full in any way except by an instrument in writing signed by both parties.
IN WITNESS WHEREOF, the parties hereto have hereunto set their hands the day and year first written above.
|more great links|