PRODUCER'S LETTER OF AGREEMENT
Dear Mr. Producer,
This letter will serve as our agreement with
you with respect to your services in connection with the production of
the master recordings of performances with our recording artist known
1. The term of this agreement shall commence as of the date hereof and shall continue until the completion of your services.
2. During the term of this Agreement you agree
to produce two (2) master recordings embodying the performance of said
Artist (hereinafter designated the "Masters") and to perform
3. Recording sessions for the Masters shall be conducted by you under our recording agreement at such times and places as shall be designated by us. All individuals rendering services in connection with the recording of Masters shall be subject to our approval. We shall have the right and opportunity to have our representatives attend each such recording session. Each Master shall embody the performance by the Artist of a single musical composition designated by the Artist (subject to our approval, not to be unreasonably withheld) and shall be subject to our approval as technically satisfactory for the manufacture, broadcast and sale of phonorecords, and, upon our request, you shall re-record any musical composition or other selection until a Master technically satisfactory to us shall have been obtained. You agree to begin pre-production, rehearsals, and recording on _____________, 199_. The Masters shall be, at our election, maintained at a recording studio or other location designated by us, in our name and subject to our control.
4. All Masters produced hereunder, from the
inception of the recording thereof, and all phonorecords and other reproductions
made therefrom, together with the performances
5. For your services you will be paid a deposit of $__________ (? DOLLARS) ten (10) working days before the start of rehearsals. Upon completion of all recording, re-recording, mixing and mastering along with receipted delivery of technically satisfactory masters, you will be paid a balance of $________ (? DOLLARS). The payment of the deposit and balance is your total compensation for the service provided herein. The initial deposit is not refundable to us.
I, hereby agree to and am bound by these terms. I set my name to this Letter the ____________ day of________, 199_.
STATE OF ______ )
COUNTY OF ______ )
I, ____________________________________. a Notary Public, do hereby certify that on this __day of ___________________, 199_, personally appeared before me ___________, known to me to be the person whose name is subscribed to the foregoing instrument,and swore and acknowledged to me that he executed the same for the purpose and in the capacity therein expressed, and that the statements contained therein are true and correct.
Name, Typed or Printed:__________________________________________
|more great links|